This article provides information regarding the African Union recruitment for 2023/2024, including details about job vacancies, requirements, application procedures, the recruitment portal www.careers.au.int, internships, and other essential information.
Are you interested in applying for the African Union’s recruitment for 2023 or their internship program to advance your career? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We have compiled all the information you need to know about the 2023 African Union recruitment, so keep reading.
Is the African Union Recruitment for 2023 Currently Open?
Yes, the African Union recruitment for 2023 is currently open, and interested applicants can access the online job application form through the recruitment portal, www.careers.au.int.
African Union (AU) Job Vacancies 2023
- Head of Division Digital Trade (AfCFTA)
- Chief Procurement Officer (AfCFTA)
- Junior Program Officer – IPR (AfCFTA)
- Bilingual Secretary (AfCFTA)
- Director Industry, Minerals, Entrepreneurship, and Turism (IMET)
- Head of Division Information Society
- Technical Cooperation and Resource Mobilization Officer (APRM)
- Senior Risk Officer (APRM)
- Senior Research, Methodology & Development Officer
- Senior Programme Officer Continental & Global Governance Programmes (APRM)
- Senior Procurement & Travel Officer (APRM)
- Senior Country Review Officer – Economic Governance (APRM)
- Senior Country Review Officer – Democracy & Political Governance (APRM)
- Senior Africa Governance Report Officer (APRM)
- Monitoring & Evaluation of National Governance Programmes Officer (APRM)
- Finance Officer – Accounting (APRM)
- Documentalist/Librarian (APRM)
- Country Review Officer – State Resilience (APRM)
- Country Review – Socio-Economic Development, Gender Officer (APRM)
- Country Review Officer – Corporate Governance (APRM)
- Certifying Officer (APRM)
- Strategic Planning Officer (APRM)
- Deputy Secretary General (AfCFTA)
Feel free to submit an application for any of the advertised positions, so long you meet the job requirements. Below are the criteria and eligibility status for African Union recruitment.
African Union Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria.
To be eligible for the African Union recruitment 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of any African Union member state
- Possess a valid means of identification, such as a national ID card or international passport
- Hold a Master’s degree in International Trade, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Law, Management, International Relations, or a related field from a recognized institution
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience, with at least ten (10) years of experience in a senior management role, preferably in an inter-governmental organization, national government/public service, international or regional institution, and at least five (5) years of direct supervisory experience.
In addition, applicants should possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a strategic vision and proven skills in managing complex organizations at the national, regional, or international level.
- A demonstrated record of setting clear standards for accountability, probity, value for money, and risk management, and zero tolerance for fraud and corruption. Also, the ability to ensure sound and transparent financial management, delivering continuous improvement, impact, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership, creativity, and proven ability to propose new ideas and lead new ways of working across silos in a complementary and synergistic way for a prosperous and peaceful Africa.
- A proven track record of change management and accomplishments at the regional, national, or international level, with strong resource mobilization, political, and diplomatic skills.
- The ability to lead a multicultural team and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- A proven ability to inspire, encourage, build trust and confidence, and build consensus, stimulate effective campaigns and drive collective action among a broad spectrum of people and organizations.
There are also other international recruitment opportunities available for interested applicants.
- NDLEA Shortlisted Candidates 2023/2024
- 2023 Dangote Group Graduate Trainee Programme for Young Graduates
- UNESCO/ Poland Co-sponsored Fellowship in Engineering 2023
Countries Eligible to Apply for AU Recruitment
Interested candidates in any of the countries below can apply for the ongoing African Union recruitment and ensure to submit application before the deadline.
- Republic of Burundi
- Republic of Cameroon
- Central African Republic
- Republic of Chad
- Republic of the Congo
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Gabonese Republic
- Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe
- Union of the Comoros
- Republic of Djibouti
- State of Eritrea
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Republic of Kenya
- Republic of Madagascar
- Republic of Mauritius
- Republic of Rwanda
- Republic of Seychelles
- Federal Republic of Somalia
- Republic of South Sudan
- Republic of the Sudan
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Republic of Uganda
- People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
- Arab Republic of Egypt
- Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Kingdom of Morocco
- Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic
- Republic of Tunisia
- Republic of Angola
- Republic of Botswana
- Kingdom of Eswatini
- Kingdom of Lesotho
- Republic of Malawi
- Republic of Mozambique
- Republic of Namibia
- Republic of South Africa
- Republic of Zambia
- Republic of Zimbabwe
- Republic of Benin
- Burkina Faso
- Republic of Cabo Verde
- Republic of Côte d’Ivoire
- Republic of the Gambia
- Republic of Ghana
- Republic of Guinea
- Republic of Guinea-Bissau
- Republic of Liberia
- Republic of Mali
- Republic of Niger
- Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Republic of Senegal
- Republic of Sierra Leone
- Togolese Republic
How to Apply for AU Recruitment 2023.
The African Union’s career portal is located at www.careers.au.int, while the official website is www.au.int. Prospective applicants for this recruitment are required to visit the recruitment portal to submit their applications.
To apply for the African Union recruitment for 2023, follow these steps:
- Visit the AU recruitment portal at www.careers.au.int
- Choose the position you are interested in applying for
- Carefully read through the job description
- Click on the “apply now” button located at the bottom of the page
- Attach your CV and cover letter
- Fill out the online application form
- Proofread your application to ensure accuracy
- Finally, submit your application.
Read also: NDA Application Form 2023 for 75th Regular Course Admission
African Union Job Application Deadline 2023.
The deadline for submitting applications for the African Union recruitment is Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023. Interested applicants are advised to submit their applications before this date to avoid disqualification.
We hope this guide has provided you with useful information on how to apply for the African Union recruitment. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Google News.