Applications are now open for the DW Postgraduate Traineeship 2023/24 for Graduate Students in Developing Countries.
The DW traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Germany and beyond, and gives you the skills needed to become a successful multimedia reporter and editor. DW trainees receive a salary and gain hands-on experience in TV, online and radio with a combination of practical training blocks and newsroom placements.
Trainees also explore journalism trends of the future, ranging from digital storytelling to data journalism and virtual reality. In addition, various journalism projects give you the chance to develop your own innovative content. Trainees also benefit from DW’s close ties with Major German and international media houses.
We are looking for creative minds who reflect language and cultural diversity and who have something to say.
READ ALSO: Jim Leech MasterCard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship 2024
Benefits of DW Traineeship for Graduate Students
The DW Traineeship offers:
- acquisition of journalism skills
- seminars on all relevant journalism topics, conducted by renowned trainers
- placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- introduction to producing your own content for TV, radio or online formats, from generating ideas to technical production
- placements in Germany, Europe and worldwide
- technical know-how for TV, radio and online
- Trainee’s salary
- after traineeship completion, prospect of ongoing contract working for DW worldwide
- working in an international environment
- taking part in a dynamic team
- putting your innovative ideas into practice
Requirements for DW Traineeship for Graduate Students.
- Native speaker of one of DW’s languages with excellent English and good German language skills, or native English speaker with good German language skills, or native German speaker with excellent English language skills
- Completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship
(especially with a background in technology/IT, science, politics, economics or law)
- Initial journalistic experience
- Creative mind
- Social media expertise
- Ability to work under deadlines and as part of a team
The DW promotes diversity and equal opportunities. We welcome DW Traineeship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, irrespective of nationality, cultural, ethnic or social origin, sexual orientation, age, gender or disability. We particularly welcome female applicants. In addition, candidates with disabilities who meet the requirements will be given special consideration.
December 14, 2022.
How to Apply DW Postgraduate Traineeship 2023/24 for Graduate Students in Developing Countries.
Interested and qualified? Go to Deutsche Welle on recruiting.dw.com to apply
For more details, click here