Looking for NDA Subject Combination for NDA Subject Combination for accounting, economics, geography, history and international studies, civil engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry and biological science? Then you are on the right page. In this post, you will learn more about the JAMB subject combination for the Nigerian Defence Academy admission to study any of the available courses in the institution.
The Nigerian Defence Academy, often known as NDA is not just an institution where students undergo only military training. Students who are admitted into the institution for regular courses can also undergo sound academic training as Officer Cadets for the duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets and a duration of 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets.
READ ALSO: SADC Media Awards Competition 2023 (USD 14,000 in prizes)
On successful completion of training as officer cadets, graduates will earn a university first degree such as BSc, BEng, BA in a core discipline and will also be commissioned into the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Graduates also earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Force of Nigeria.
NDA NDA Subject Combination for 2023/2024 Admission.
Candidates applying for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy must first apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and are expected to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME). They must also select the Nigerian Defence Academy as their institution of first choice. This article provides information on the JAMB combination and requirements for admission into the National Defence Academy. If you are seeking to gain admission to the NDA, you are in the right place. Read on below:
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) List of Programmes.
REGULAR COMBATANT COURSE (RC)
The Regular Combatant course is a 5-year course which entails 4 years of academic program and one year of military training. On completion of the course and training, students are awarded a Bachelor’s Degree and a presidential commission to the rank of second lieutenant or its equivalent in the Navy/Air Force. The Regular Combatant course used to be exclusively for males until 2011. The first set of females for the training commenced training in September 2011.
JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION FOR COURSES OFFERED AT NDA
Below is a list of faculties and programs offered by the Nigerian Defence Academy. The compulsory credits also entail those required for JAMB combination to these faculties.
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
General requirements: Candidates must have 5 credit passes obtained at not more than 2 sittings including English Language and Mathematics
Relevant credits– Below are subjects relevant to courses at the faculty of Arts: Accounts, Commerce, Government, Geography, and History
BSc Economics– Candidates must have credits in the following courses: English Language, Economics and Mathematics
BSc Accounting– Candidates must have credits in the following courses: English language, Accounting, and Mathematics
BSc Geography– Candidates must have credits in the following courses: English language, Geography, and Mathematics
BA History and International Studies– Candidates must have credits in the following courses: English language, History, and Mathematics
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
General requirements: Candidates must have 5 credit passes obtained at not more than 2 sittings to include
- English Language and
Compulsory credits: Candidates must have credits in the following courses:
- English language,
- Physics and
Below are subjects relevant to courses in the faculty of Engineering:
- Technical drawing,
- Further Mathematics, and
Courses under the faculty of Engineering include:
- B.Engr Civil Engineering
- BEng Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- BEng Mechanical Engineering
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
General requirements: Candidates must have 5 credit passes obtained in not more than 2 sittings to include English Language and Mathematics
BSc Biological Science: Candidates must have credit passes in the following courses: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology
Relevant credits to this course are: Physics, Agric Science and Health Science
BSc Chemistry: Candidates must have credits in the following courses: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology
Relevant credits include: Physics, Agric Science and Health Science
BSc Mathematics: Candidates must have credits in the following courses: English Language, Mathematics and Physics
Other relevant subjects to the course are: Chemistry, Additional/ Further Mathematics, and Biology
BSc Computer Science: Candidates must have credits in the following subjects: English language, Mathematics, and Physics
Relevant subjects to B.Sc Computer Science are: Chemistry, Additional/ Further Mathematics, and Biology
BSc Physics: Candidates must have credits in the following subjects: English language, Mathematics, and Physics
Relevant subjects to B.Sc Physics are: Chemistry, Biology and Technical drawing
REQUIREMENTS/ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY INTO THE NDA REGULAR COURSE
In order to be eligible for admission into the regular course in the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have met a minimum of five credit passes at the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West Africa Examination Council/ National Examination Commission (NECO)/ General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level or their equivalent. Credit passes must include English and Mathematics and other subjects relevant to their proposed course of study and must be obtained in not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates must have at least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits required in each faculty that is, Faculty of Arts, Social Sciences and Science. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required In the Faculty of Engineering. Here, candidates are required to have only one supporting relevant credit.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old and must not be older than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy. For the Nigerian Air Force, candidates must be between the ages of 17 and 18 years old at the time of entry.
- Male candidate must not be less than 1.68 metres tall and female candidates must not be less than 1.50 metres
- Candidates must be medically and physically fit
- Candidate must be of good moral character.
- Candidate must be a single male or female
- Candidate must be without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Candidates must present a certificate of origin obtained from a Local Government.
- A certificate of State indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor is also desirable.
- Candidates awaiting results are not eligible to apply
- Examination results must not be more than 5 years before the date of application or else, they will not be accepted.
good bless Nigerian Army
how to Apply Nigerian Army NDA
Kindly find the NDA application form guidelines here.