NDDC Foreign/Local Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 : To further boost human resource development in the Niger Delta region, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is once again embarking on its Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to equip our young people with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the Federal Government, as well as enable them to acquire specialization in their fields of study and thus compete globally in various professional disciplines.
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software/Aeronautic Space/Aeronautic Engineering
- Marine/Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
- Civil/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
- Hospitality Management
RELATED: How to Write Scholarship Recommendation Letter (Winning Tips, Template)
About Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
To offer a lasting solution to the socio-economic difficulties of the Niger Delta Region and to facilitate the rapid and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
Recommended for you:
- List of Accredited Colleges of Education in Nigeria
- List of Approved Schools of Nursing & Midwifery in Nigeria
- Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Courses & Requirements
- How to Apply NDA Admission Application Form
- Top 15 UK Scholarships for International Students
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria (Federal, State & Private)
- List of Approved Monotechnics/Specialised Institutions In Nigeria
- List of Illegal Universities Operating in Nigeria by NUC
- Top 100 Best Universities in Nigeria (University Ranking
- How to Enrol for Nigerian National Identity Number (NIN)
Requirements for NDDC Foreign/Local Post-Graduate Scholarship Qualification
- Scholar must come from the Niger Delta region
- Possess five Credits at not more than 2 sittings
- Students must obtain First Class Degree/Second Class Upper Division to benefit from the Scholarship
Interview date, Process and Venue for NDDC Foreign/Local Post-Graduate Scholarship
- Online application on the Commission’s website
- Shortlist candidate using:
i. WASSCE/ NECO
ii. Undergraduate degree (1st Class/Second Class Upper)
iii. Local Government Identification
- Computer Based Test to be conducted in each State of the Niger Delta by Consultants. This will test I.Q proficiency in English, Mathematics and General Paper.
- Score a minimum of 70% in the test.
- Shortlist Successful candidates.
- Final verification through the Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
RELATED: How To Apply for CBN AGSMEIS Loan With No Collateral
Documents Required for Application
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Overseas/Nigerian University
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities
- Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of referencehtt
November 8, 2022
How to Apply NDDC Foreign/Local Postgraduate Scholarship 2023
- Application must be made online (FREE) on the Commission’s website (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the required documents
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
- Shortlisted candidates will take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who are not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who are not invited for oral interview or candidates that are not successful during the oral interviews.
Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark.
The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
Deferment, Change of Institution and Course are not permitted.
The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Director Education, NDDC
Mobile: +234(0)8032610105 Or 07035681124