New Life on the Old West Photography Competition: The New Life on the Old West Photography Competition 2023, managed by Cambridgeshire ACRE, invites amateur and professional photographers to participate.
Open to all ages, the New Life on the Old West Photography Competition aims to highlight the flora, fauna, and geography of the NLOW region. Prized entries will feature on NLOW’s website and other platforms.
Eager photographers, from passionate amateurs to seasoned professionals, are in for a visual treat. The New Life on the Old West Photography Competition 2023 presents an opportunity to spotlight the diverse landscapes and thriving ecosystems within the NLOW region.
Spearheaded by Cambridgeshire ACRE, the custodians of the New Life on the Old West project, this competition encourages photographers to explore the geographical nuances of the NLOW area. As a body promoting this competition, Cambridgeshire ACRE ensures that participants, through their lens, unveil the vivid tapestry of flora, fauna, and topography native to this region.
- Overview of New Life on the Old West.
- Benefits of New Life on the Old West Photography Competition
- Requirements for New Life on the Old West Photography Competition Qualification
- Interview date, Process and Venue for New Life on the Old West Photography Competition
- Application Deadline
- How to Apply for New Life on the Old West Photography Competition.
Overview of New Life on the Old West.
New Life on the Old West will deliver wildlife habitat enhancements in green spaces and surrounding countryside within areas close to the Old West River in the Cambridgeshire Fens.
The project will create a series of small-scale habitat improvements – ponds, scrapes and wildflower meadows – in the arable landscape, the extensive ditch network and community green spaces.
Together, these improvements will create a more resilient landscape in the Cambridgeshire Fens, connecting dispersed species and habitats while creating demonstration sites for others to learn.
Benefits of New Life on the Old West Photography Competition
Victory here isn’t just about the accolade. With the spotlight on two eminent winners – an overall champion and a runner-up for each category, the reward is multifaceted:
- Extensive digital exposure on NLOW’s official website and its social media platforms.
- Potential for the winning images to grace print publications or other electronic media.
Read also: How to Get a Project Management Internship.
Requirements for New Life on the Old West Photography Competition Qualification
This competition boasts an inclusive ethos:
- Open to everyone, irrespective of age. However, participants below 18 must secure parental consent.
- Entrants must be the original creators and sole copyright holders of their submitted work.
- Images already licenced or with any rights that could be at odds with the competition are not permissible.
- The onus of securing permissions lies with entrants, especially for images featuring individuals.
- Utmost diligence is advised to avoid plagiarism, as the promoter bears no responsibility for such infringements.
Interview date, Process and Venue for New Life on the Old West Photography Competition
- A panel of judges, including an independent party, will judge the photographs.
- The competition judges will then choose from the selected shortlisted entries to select one winner and one runner-up for each category.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
August 31, 2023
How to Apply for New Life on the Old West Photography Competition.
Diverse in its appeal, the competition is segmented into two key categories:
- Under 18’s
- Adults and Seniors
Follow these steps for a seamless entry:
- Send your photographs directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only photos taken within the NLOW geographical boundaries (including Ouse Fen Wicken Fen) or captured during an NLOW event will be considered.
- Accompany your entry with essential details:
- Photographer’s Name
- Chosen Category (Under 18s or Adults/Seniors)
- If below 18, ensure parental permission is annexed
- Please specify the location of the shot (e.g. Sports Centre, Cottenham) and enrich it with a postcode, grid reference, or a what3words reference.
- Digital submissions must adhere to naming conventions: Name of Image/Photographer/Location of Image.
- Ensure your image boasts the maximum possible file size.
- The entry window concludes at 23:59 on August 31 2023.
- Refrain from embellishing pictures with watermarks, borders, or signatures.
- Submissions can be vibrant in colour or reflective in black and white.
In summary, this competition beckons if you possess a keen photographic eye and an affection for nature’s artistry. Take the plunge and immortalise the untouched beauty of the NLOW region!
Entries capturing scenes from the designated areas should be sent to email@example.com