Applications are invited from eligible and outstanding candidates for the Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students 2024. This will support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s higher education institutions.
The Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies (FRQNT) is responsible for managing the program. It was commissioned by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) which provides the funding.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Québec Government, Canada
Host Institution(s): Québec University, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters, Doctoral & Postdoctoral
Nationality: International Students
- Details on Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students:
- Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students Eligibility Criteria:
- Documents Required for Québec Merit Scholarship Application:
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Details on Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students:
The program has a component open to students of all countries and five specific components reserved for students from Brazil, China, India, Israel, and Wallonia. These specific components arise from agreements concluded between Québec and foreign governments.
This program covers higher education by allowing CCTT researchers and administrators to participate.
- Attract top foreign researchers and students and promote international recognition of Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies (CCTT);
- Create cultural links and pave the way for the setting up of joint scientific research projects.
Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the Québec Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- This competition is open to all candidates who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and have not applied for permanent residence under Canadian immigration laws.
- These scholarships are intended for foreign students or researchers from all research sectors (health, humanities, and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, and engineering)
- Candidates are eligible for doctoral merit program scholarships from MEES in the first nine semesters of their doctoral studies.
- Postdoctoral scholarships are intended for researchers who obtained their Ph.D. no more than two years before the competition deadline or submitted their doctoral dissertation by January 15, 2024.
How to Apply for the Québec Merit Scholarship:
Once preselected, the candidate must create an account in the FRQnet system. The FRQNT will then contact all preselected candidates to complete an electronic form to which the required documents will be attached and must be submitted electronically by the competition deadline and date set by the Fonds.
The form may be completed in French or English. Candidates who apply in English must provide a French title for their project.
Please refer to the Presentation Standards for Attached Files in the FRQnet electronic Portfolio when preparing the files attached to the form.
Files cannot be updated after the application deadline.
Documents Required for Québec Merit Scholarship Application:
All required documents must be included in the application to be considered eligible. Any documents that are illegible, of poor resolution, or do not allow verification of the application’s eligibility will be rejected.
A basic translation must accompany documents submitted in a language other than French or English.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2023.
Kindly click on this link to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the merit scholarship program for foreign nationals in Québec?
The Merit Scholarship program for international students is offered at the university level, in technical training at the college level, and vocational training. The program aims to encourage the recruitment of the best international candidates into programs with good job and research prospects
Who is eligible for the Québec scholarship?
Quebec Scholarships offers a variety of scholarships for students between the ages of 16 and 35. The scholarship website is dedicated only to students from Quebec. You must be 16 or older and in good academic standing to be eligible.
What is the merit scholarship by the Quebec government?
Quebec Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE) These scholarships are intended for foreign students or researchers from all research sectors (health, humanities, and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, and engineering) preselected by a Québec university or the CCTT network as of September 30, 2023. No research sector is given preference.
Which countries give full scholarships to foreign students?
Germany, Greece, Japan, China, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Korea are among the nations that offer full scholarships to international students. Make sure the scholarship is accepted at the school you want to attend.
Who is eligible for Quebec $500?
It will be paid out to eligible individuals who file an income tax return for 2021 and whose net income for the year is less than $105,000. If the individual’s net income for 2021 was $100,000 or less, they will receive a $500 tax credit.