Applications are now open for the TechWomen Program 2023 for Women in STEM in the United States of America (USA).
From the moment the Emerging Leaders arrive, they are immersed in the innovative, constantly evolving culture of Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area. Emerging Leaders work closely with their Professional Mentors to design meaningful projects while exploring the San Francisco Bay Area with their Cultural Mentor and fellow program participants.
US Government TechWomen Emerging Leaders will:
- Challenge themselves with new questions and concepts
- Collaborate with like-minded women in their fields on an innovative project
- Network with influential industry leaders
- Discover their own innovative leadership style
- Create meaningful friendships with women from all over the world
- Explore the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
- Inspire the next generation of women and girls in their home countries
TechWomen Program 2023 for Women in STEM (USA).
International travel, housing, meals and incidentals, local transportation and transportation to official TechWomen events are covered by the TechWomen program. Participants are responsible for the cost of any non-program activities in which they wish to partake, such as independent sightseeing and non-program-related travel.
READ ALSO: Remote Jobs in Nigeria 2022 – Work From Home Jobs in Naija
Requirements for DOS TechWomen Program.
Applicants for US Government Techwomen Program must:
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience does not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Preference will be given to applicants who
- Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities and education.
- Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned and mentor women and girls.
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Have a proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities.
- Have a demonstrated track record of entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity.
US Government TechWomen encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
Interview date, Process and Venue for DOS TechWomen Program.
TechWomen participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements above. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists may be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application (non-select or semi-finalist) no later than April 30, 2023.
- Semi-finalists will be contacted for an in-country interview no later than April 2023.
- Final decisions will be made no later than May 31, 2023.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
Important Dates for Participants
- November 2022: Fall 2023 program application opens
- January 13, 2023: Fall 2023 program application closes
- April 2023: Semifinalists are contacted
- May 2023: Final selection decisions are made
- September 2023 – October 2023: U.S. Fall 2023 TechWomen program
January 6, 2023.
How to Apply TechWomen Program 2023 for Women in STEM (USA).
Interested and qualified? Go to United States Department of State (DOS) on www.techwomen.org to apply
For more details, click here