The UN Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship 2023 is a semester-long leadership development program that happens on your campus. The United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are here to elevate your leadership.
The UN Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship is a semester-long leadership development programme on your campus to take your social impact to the next level. Access to world class training, connections, and recognition is just an application away.
The UN Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship convenes, challenges, and celebrates student leadership for UN goals on campuses worldwide.
- Convene: As part of a cohort of 8-20+ Millennium Fellows on your campus, convene to learn from and challenge each other. Millennium Fellows convene at least 8 times during the programme.
- Challenge: Develop a plan of action for your sessions together. Meet to exchange best practices. And you could think bigger: organizing a campus-wide sustainability initiative or more.
- Celebrate: When your Fellowship Campus meets the goals you made for yourselves and completed the Fellowship graduation requirements, you will earn a certificate of recognition from United Nations Academic Impact and Millennium Campus Network.
UN Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship Eligibility.
- You must be at least 18 years old, an undergraduate enrolled in a college or university, and in good standing at that academic institution for the duration of the programme.
- You make a commitment to convene in-person least eight times during the UN Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship (for 2023 the program will run August-November) with your Campus Directors and other Fellows on your campus to share best practices and take collective action.
- Students have to meet on-campus, in-person for the Fellowship sessions. If you miss sessions, this is grounds for expulsion and the forfeiture of your designation as a Millennium Fellow.
Read also: Christopher Tower Poetry Competition 2023 (£14,000 in Prizes)
The Honorable Ban Ki-moon powerfully shares what makes an outstanding Millennium Fellow:
“As Millennium Fellows, we need you to lead by example – with empathy, humility, and inclusion as guiding values. You can embrace global citizenship, building a strong global network to learn from and support each other. And your commitment to collaborative action can help make the SDGs and UNAI principles reality on your campuses and in your communities.”
In addition to these guiding values and traits of individuals, they are looking for cohorts and campuses that will champion this program. What does that mean in practice:
- Frequency: Campus Directors and Millennium Fellows are deeply invested in building capacity through community-building – meeting and engaging with each other as often as possible during the Millennium Fellowship – wanting to fully leverage the curriculum and community.
- Buy-in: Ideally, everyone all the way up to the University President/Vice-Chancellor gets behind Millennium Fellows, supporting their vision, projects, and collective action. If Fellows’ Projects or collective actions take place beyond the campus, community members are actively involved in leading and shaping them.
- Impact: Millennium Fellows successfully run their own projects (meeting intended outcomes) and where relevant find success in a collective action (for example, working with administration to update a campus sustainability plan, or hosting a campus-wide summit on gender inclusion). Campus Directors and Millennium Fellows share stories of impact advancing the SDGs and UNAI principles with MCN and UNAI.
- Continuity: Campus Directors and Millennium Fellows continue to meet regularly beyond the UN Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship 2023 – committed to building out a robust campus hub. Fellows re-apply for the following year and/or nominate at least one other student to apply.
How to Apply UN Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship 2023
The UN Academic Impact Millennium Fellowship Class of 2023 application is open, and the programme will run August-November 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and eligible students will proceed to the second and final round of the application.
Apply Now: next priority deadline is February 28th with early applications strongly encouraged.
Apply also: Bill & Melinda Gates College of Health Admission Form 2023/2024
Deadline: February 28, 2023