Apply for the University of Uyo Basic Studies Programme 2023/2024 and secure direct entry into 200-level degree courses. Discover eligibility criteria, application process, and important dates for JUPEB & IJMB programmes.
This is to inform you that the University of Uyo is inviting applications from qualified candidates for admission into its one-year Basic Studies programme for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The Basic Studies programme is designed to prepare students for the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) and IJMBE examinations. Successful completion of the programme leads to admission into 200 level of various degree programmes offered by the University of Uyo through Direct Entry JAMB. This blog post provides all the necessary information for prospective candidates, including admission requirements, method of application, and important dates.
The University of Uyo offers two Basic Studies programmes:
- JUPEB: September to August
- IJMBE: June to May
Upon successful completion, candidates with JUPEB and IJMBE certificates can gain admission into 200-level degree programmes in various faculties, including Agriculture, Arts, and others.
Full List of UNIUYO JUPEB/IJMB Programmes
A. Faculty of Agriculture
- Agric. Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Natural Environmental Management
- Home Economics
- Soil Science and Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Arts
- Communication Arts
- Foreign Languages (French)
- History and International Studies
- Linguistics and Nigerian Languages
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Theatre Arts
C. Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences
- Radiography and Radiation Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science
D. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Human Anatomy
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Medical Biochemistry
E. Faculty of Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management
F. Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Dental Surgery
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing Science
G. Faculty of Education
- Curriculum Studies, Edu. Mgt. and Planning
- English Education
- Efik-Ibibio Education
- French Education
- History Education
- Music Education
- Religion Education
- Early Childhood and Special Education
- Pre-Primary & Primary Education
- Special Education
- Educational Foundations, Guidance and Counselling
- Economics Education
- Geography Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Political Science Education
- Social Studies Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Health Education
- Physical Education
- Science Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
H. Faculty of Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
I. Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Estate Management
- Geoinformatics and Surveying
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
J. Faculty of Law
K. Faculty of Pharmacy
L. Faculty of Science
- Animal Science and Environmental Biology
- Botany and Ecological Studies
- Computer Science
M. Faculty of Social Sciences
- Geography and Natural Resources Management
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Sociology and Anthropology
N. Faculty of Vocational Education, Library & Information Science
- Agricultural Science Education
- Business Education
- Computer and Robotics
- Home Economics Education
- Industrial Technology Education
- Library and Information Science
UNIUYO Basic Studies Admission Requirements
Applicants must have at least five (5) credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, and three (3) other subjects relevant to their chosen course of study. These must be obtained in no more than two (2) sittings at the SSCE/WASCE, GCE O/L, NECO, or NABTEB. Entry into the program typically involves a University Screening Test, which is a Computer Based Test (CBT). Successful candidates at the end of the program will be admitted to the 200 level of various degree programs at the University of Uyo or any Nigerian University through JAMB, as long as they meet the admission requirements for their desired program.
Please note that JAMB scores are not necessary for admission into this program. Candidates for the 2024 UTME may apply, and there will be no supplementary application for the program.
How to Apply for UNIUYO JUPEB Admission Form
To apply, eligible candidates must pay a non-refundable fee of NGN 15,500 via the Remita Payment Platform. To complete the online registration and payment process, follow these steps:
- Visit http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng or www.uniuyo.edu.ng and click on the e-portals link.
- Select the Basic Studies link and click on Create Account.
- Input your details and click on the Create Account button.
- Click on Make Payment.
- Choose either the Bank Option or Card Option.
- Click on Generate e-invoice (Bank Option) or Online Payment (Card Option).
- Print the e-invoice to obtain the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number for payment at any bank branch (if using the Bank Option).
- For the Card Option, select the payment type and click pay. Enter your card details on the displayed payment platform and click the “Pay” button.
- After payment at the bank or via card, return to the portal, click on the Login Form link, and enter your RRR Number to finalize your registration.
Note: The same passport photo used during online registration will be utilized during the Screening Exercise and subsequent registration after receiving a provisional admission offer. No complaints about incorrect bio-data or blank photos will be accepted after submission. Candidates who upload incorrect bio-data will be automatically disqualified. The same procedure applies to all fee payments after admission.
- Registration closing date: 18th August, 2023
- Online screening exercise date: 25th August, 2023
The University of Uyo’s Basic Studies programme provides a unique opportunity for students to gain admission into 200 level degree programmes in various faculties. Interested candidates should ensure they meet the admission requirements and complete the application process by the specified deadlines. Good luck to all prospective students!