Applications are open for the Faith For Our Planet/Duke University Youth Interfaith Leaders Fellowship on Climate Change 2022/2023. Faith For Our Planet, in collaboration with Duke University’s prestigious Divinity School, has launched this exciting new programme for climate conscious youth leaders from around the world.
Whether you are a religious leader, a climate activist, an early career professional in a faith-based organization or a recent graduate who’s just starting out – as long as you’re eager to learn how to mobilize faith communities to combat climate change, they’ve got you covered.
READ ALSO: MTN Nigeria mPulse Spelling Bee Competition 2022/2023
About the Youth Interfaith Leaders Fellowship on Climate Change.
The fellowship is a fully funded, week-long residential programme at Duke University for the next generation of faith leaders. This is an invaluable opportunity for young climate conscious individuals from all faiths and walks of life to become a part of a global network of religious actors engaged in climate action.
Through expert lectures, interactive sessions, policy dialogues, and vocational training, fellows will explore various themes and tap into transferable skills to curate impactful faith-based climate action projects for their respective communities. The curriculum will be delivered by distinguished specialists in the field of theology, climate change, policy, media, and sustainable development.
All travel, visa, accommodation, and subsistence costs will be provided by Faith For Our Planet.
As a part the programme, fellows will benefit from knowledge of:
- World religions and the environment
- Eco-theology: the theological study of relationship between religion and the environment
- Systems thinking: Identifying the political and economic paradigms of climate change
- Project planning and community mobilization
- Strategic communications
- Advocacy and community outreach
Upon completion of the programme, the Fellows will join the ranks of the FFOP Fellowship Alumni Association, providing them with various opportunities to be part of FFOP’s regional events, as well as climate and interfaith campaigns.
RELATED: How To Apply New UK Scale Up Visa 2022
- Applicant must be between the ages of 20 to 35 (required);
- Have acquired or currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme;
- A degree in environment, religious studies, philosophy, or any number of relevant fields is preferred. Equally, relevant work experience (paid, volunteer, internships, etc.) are also considered;
- An established local network (social, professional, religious, etc.) or willingness to mobilize accessible local network;
- A strong interest in learning about eco-theology and commitment to lead a faith-based climate action project;
- Good communication skills and a fluency in English;
- A strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and interfaith cooperation.
READ ALSO: IAU Astronomy in Africa Scholarships 2022-2023 (Fully-funded)
The fellowship seeks to support proactive leaders and agents of change. As such, participants are expected to:
- Commit their time for the entire duration of the fellowship including any pre or post fellowship sessions.
- Commit to FFOP Youth Alumni Association’s engagements and events.
- Commit to working on a 3-month project focused on making a positive impact at a local, national, and/or international level. The project should leverage insights gained during the fellowship on (inter)faith-based climate action.
- Demonstrate eagerness to learn and expand their professional networks and to benefit from exposure during the fellowship.
- Demonstrate commitment to become leaders in their communities.
How to Apply for Youth Interfaith Leaders Fellowship on Climate Change.
The application deadline is November 10 2022. FFOP will review applications on a rolling basis, and therefore they may close applications in advance. With only 25 to 30 spaces available, they advise all interested parties to apply at the earliest opportunity.
APPLY ALSO: Black Girl Fest (BGF) Launchpad Program for Female Entrepreneurs 2022
Deadline: November 10, 2022